Hi, I'm Jackie Christensen Ph.D.
My passion is integrating natural health and education to help people understand how they can improve their unique mind-body type.
My goal as a health provider is to:
- Reinvigorate your body and remove toxins that are blocking vital energy
- Aid your body in its natural course toward healing
- Assess the whole person, not just the symptoms
- Search for the underlying causes for imbalance.
I believe that humans are individuals and each one is influenced by a multitude of factors including diet, exercise, genetics, attitudes and spiritual believes. Everyone is unique and each illness reflects an issue that is exclusive to that person.
I am committed to using a wide variety of healing modalities and lifestyle options to help people utilize their internal resources, begin the healing process, and strengthen the mind, body, spirit connection.
I believe the holism theory
The whole is greater than the sum of its individual parts. We are three separate parts mind, body and spirit of a whole and optimum health is a state of being in which the mind, body, and spirit work in balance and harmony. To reach optimum health it requires an equal assessment of all parts to discover where an imbalance might lie.
I am motivated, dedicated, and passionate about my work and I utilize my skills to empower others with the knowledge that is necessary to make informed decisions about their health.
Fourteen Principles for Holistic Health Practice:
- Do No Harm
- Respect the Healing Power of Nature
- Teach Health
- Eliminate the Cause of Poor Health
- Teach Prevention
- Honor the Whole Person
- Know the Client
- Form Quality Relationships
- Clients are Important
- Set An Example
- Every Experience is a Learning Experience
- Evoke the Positive and Release the Negative
- Adopt an Attitude of Unconditional Love
- Health is More Than the Absence of Illness
In addition to my private practice in Santa Cruz, I teach local classes at Cabrillo College and Mount Madonna Institute of Ayurveda. I also serve as a faculty member for the Northern Star Academy of Holistic Studies and Kingdom College of Natural Health.
Previously, I served as a faculty member for the Global College of Natural Medicine and Vancouver Island College of Natural Wellness from 2005-2012, where I trained students to become nutritional consultants, herbalists, and holistic health practitioners.
My educational background includes:
- Graduating from Mount Madonna Institute of Ayurveda Master program.
- Earning a Ph.D. in Natural Medicine from the Global College of Natural Medicine.