[Sticky] Breathing Exercises
Pranayama: 5 Minute Breathing Exercise
· Each morning after abhyanga, follow this cooling and calming 5 minute breathwork technique:
· With your right hand, take either your thumb and middle finger or thumb and ring finger – whichever is more comfortable – to either sides of your nose, so that both fingers are ready to close a nostril.
· First, gently close your right nostril with the thumb on your right hand and inhale through your left nostril.
· At the top of your breath, switch the plug to the left nostril and exhale through your right nostril with the left nostril closed.
· Inhale through the same nostril – the right – with your left nostril still closed.
· At the top of your inhale switch the plug, to close off the right nostril with your thumb and exhale through the left nostril. This completes one round. Continue this practice for 5 minutes or more.