[Sticky] Detoxification Procedures
During the 2nd week of the Ayurveda detox we drop in and remove deep seated toxins from the body.
This week includes:
- Ayurvedic Bodywork Massage Treatment-full body massage with warm herbal oil, designed to melt toxins, so they can be easily extracted from the body.
- Shirodhara-One of ayurveda’s most divine bodywork treatments, shirodhara—the continuous flow of oil over the forehead. This technique stimulates both the pituitary gland and the third eye, calming the nervous system, releasing stress and negative emotions, improving sleep, and heightening spiritual awareness. After a scalp, face and shoulder massage, a continuous stream of herbal infused oil is poured over the forehead. This is a profoundly relaxing and calming treatment for the nervous system as it induces a state of deep meditative relaxation, and improves circulation in the brain benefiting the whole person mind, body and spirit.
- Herbal Detox-Classic Ayurveda includes detoxification procedures to remove toxins from the body. 1. Basti-is is an herbal tea or herbal oil enema. 2. Virachana is a laxative to cleanse the alimentary canal. 3. Nasya is an herbal oil that is administered through the nose and is beneficial for imbalances above the shoulders--stiff neck, sinusitis, allergies, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Supplements-vary depending on your constitution and the imbalances you are working to alleviate.
- Special Cleanse Diet-Simple is best during this time, non-starchy veggies and easy to digest grains. We'll give you plenty of tasty recipes so you don't feel limited.
- Daily Detox Routine-to be successful during your detox, you want to give your body plenty of time to rest and reset. You will receive a daily routine that will promote a calm state of being throughout the day and restful sleep at night.
- Daily Support-We're here for you! I know a lot of questions can come up, especially if it's your first Ayurvedic detox. I want to make sure you feel supported and positive.
This week will leave you feeling light, vibrant and inspired to continue on the path of health and wellness!