1. Rich in fat soluble vitamins A.D, E & K.
2. Helps the body switch to fat burning mode, assisting in weight loss.
3. Loaded in butyric acid, a fatty acid that feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut, supporting healthy flora.
4. Ghee is a great carrier for the medicinal properties found in herbs and spices, that is why ghee is used in so many herbal formulas.
5. The butyric acid found in ghee supports the production of killer T cells in the gut, promoting a strong immune system.
6. Modern research has shown that negative emotions have a chemical form and are stored in our fat cells. Ghee can be used to pull out those toxins and cleanse the body.
7. Ghee is directly absorbed by the liver and can be used as a calm, stable source of energy.
8. Ghee decreases inflammation, supports the intestinal wall, and can heal the digestive system.
9. Ghee is very low is casein therefore it can be tolerated by most people with dairy sensitivities.
10. Ghee is high in conjugated linoleic-acid (CLA) which has been shown to improve insulin resistance and fight cancer.
How to Make Ghee
Ingredients: 1 lb. of butter
- Cube butter and cook in a pot over low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- Do not stir it or scrape the foam. Let it slowly simmer.
- Cook until you see the transparent ghee on the top and the brown sediment on the bottom.
- Transfer the pot from the heat. Let it cool and settle for about 10 minutes.
- Strain it through a strainer or cheese cloth into a thick glass jar. Store at room temperature.